Wednesday, March 1, 2017

1995 Subaru Impreza L

1995 Subaru Impreza L


I like Subaru's, so it's surprising that this is the only one I've ever had...and it wasn't technically even mine.  This little teal two-door came as part of the "New Girlfriend Package".  It was around for months before I even drove it because Stephanie, while a wonderful and amazing girl, utilized her car as a storage container.  One night I finally pulled the car into the garage while Steph was gone to clean it out.  Here's a partial list of what came out of the car:  about a pints worth of change - a dozen roses all dried up - enough french fries to fill a happy meal box - at least 5 gallons of water pooled in the trunk - and the most interesting item, a 20 pound lava rock from Hawaii.  There were countless clothes and books as well.  After I got it all emptied I was sure that the tan cloth interior was ruined beyond recovery, but an $85 detail job did wonders and it looked almost new again.


After driving the car, I have to say that it wasn't as bad as I thought.  It was a little quicker and tighter than I had expected.  This Impreza was the 2-wheel drive model and had an automatic.  Steph drove it for a while, but as soon as there was something else in the driveway it pretty much sat.


Eventually I had too many cars at my house and there was little question which one had to go.  I placed a few ads and eventually sold it to a local guy who was buying it for his 16-year old daughter.  That's probably a good fit for this car.  

 
The Subaru wasn't a bad car at all.  I would describe it as a cute little car that was peppy and dependable.  I can't imagine ever owning another one, but it was a great car for Steph and I'm sure the girl who bought it felt the same way about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment