Thursday, May 2, 2013

Reems Creek Golf Club



Reems Creek Golf Club

Weaverville, North Carolina

Reems Creek Golf Club is located about 15 minutes north of Asheville, North Carolina in a very exclusive area of large and expensive homes.  The course is certainly worthy of this affluent area as it is top notch.  The picture on the front of the scorecard above depicts what hole #5 used to look like before lighting took out the large tree on the left side of the fairway.  This is the only hole I have ever played that has a rule forbidding driving the green off the tee (the hole measures just over 300 yards, but the left side of the green is bordered by homes and this rule is designed to protect them from overly optimistic, wayward tee shots).



The rough is very thick, and being wet in the pictured round didn't help much either.  This course really does punish you for missing fairways and greens.  You can see an example of some of the homes which border the course behind me.  I am happy to say that I have never hit any of them.


"Gimmie a B!"  Actually, I was premature in my celebration as I immediately followed this display by missing the 4-foot birdie putt.  Oh well, it's easier to spell P-A-R anyway.


Shot of the day!  I chewed up this par 5 by sticking a 3-wood from 235 yards about 10 feet from the hole.  I missed the eagle putt, but tapped in for an easy birdie.


I modestly express my satisfaction with the effort.  Due to the rain, and I expect the exclusivity of the course, We basically had the place to ourselves during this round.  I tend to be a bit of a goofball on the course when no one else is around.



This was my tee shot on #5 (I put it in the sand).  I shot a very impressive round considering the difficulty of the course and my lack of knowledge of it.  I absolutely love Reems Creek.  It's a bit difficult to find, and a bit out of the way, but well worth the trip.  Asheville is a beautiful area, and this is one of the nicer courses it offers.  The layout is wonderful and challenging and  the condition is just immaculate.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment