Thursday, June 20, 2013

1998 Volvo C70



Whenever I go a long span without writing anything I usually try to get back in the groove with a quick and easy 'Random Vehicle Blog'.  Today is no exception, so here goes:

The random selector tonight has given me……..

1998 Volvo C70


In spite of my recent disenchantment with Volvo, I recall really liking this car back when I had it.  The C70 was never a hot seller here in the US.  It's a shame it didn't catch on, because they're quite pleasant cars to drive.  This particular one had a manual transmission that was as easy and smooth as any manual I've owned.  Believe it or not, I even loved the "Saffron Gold" color as well.  It stood out from the croud.



The interior was comfortable and the car even had an almost useable back seat.  And while the turbo-charged 5-cylinder wasn't a beast, it was more than adequate for most driving.  As you would expect from Volvo, the car had an abundance of safety and luxury features.  I'm not sure I would have changed much.



I eventually sold this car to a college kid who flew in to pick it up.  He was thrilled when he left and his father was thrilled when he got home in one piece without a ticket.  This was a fun car while I had it and I drove it often.  They're pretty cheap now, but based on my recent Volvo experiences cheap to buy doesn't always mean cheap to own.


No comments:

Post a Comment