Wednesday, February 5, 2014

BWM R1200C


Random Vehicle Blog:

BMW R1200C

Tonight the random selector has given me a bike, and not one of my favorites.

I didn't take many pictures of this bike so this will be a short page.  I bought this thing at an auction on a whim and never really warmed to it.  For one thing, I thought it was extremely ugly.  BMW make some attractive sport bikes, but I don't think they quite have the cruiser styling down.  For another thing, it just wasn't that much fun.  It ran OK but just wasn't exciting.  James Bond jumped over a helicopter on one of these things handcuffed to Michelle Yeoh, but I found it to be sluggish and unresponsive. 

I kept this thing for years before my friend Barry took it off my hands.  He rode it for a few years before coming to his senses and selling it.  Not a terrible bike, but not one I would ever buy again. 

On a rare ride with the BMW (on the left) - Eddie B. on his proper Harley cruiser is my ride buddy here.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Scott. How are you? I noticed your blog because of your poignant comments upon the MECAM Auctions. As I read further, I noticed you are a Porsche lover yourself. I have a vehicle you may be interested in and this could be a match made in heaven; as I have been brought in to help sell it. It is in California, a ways North of Los Angeles and it is in prime condition. I also read that you wouldn't mind buying a vehicle and road-tripping it home. This my friend is an 84' Kremer Porsche of which only five were ever made. I know this could interest you seriously as I read your whole blog. If you might be interested, feel free to give me a call: (949) 287-1898. If we're able to talk and what not, I can send you pics and put you in direct contact with the owner. Sincerely, Will. ;) Have a great one! -Regards

    ReplyDelete