Saturday, June 3, 2017

2001 GMC Yukon XL Denali (#3)

2001 GMC Yukon XL Denali (#3)


I've owned 3 GMC's to date, and all of them have been 2001 Yukon XL Denali's. This is actually the third of the three and was my favorite.  I liked this truck in white and with the two-toned interior.  It also had a very cool AV system that actually worked.


The previous owner had these nifty little leather covers made to go over the headrests and hide/protect the screens while not in use.  It was a great idea and I'm surprised I don't see this more often.


I really liked these things.  I thought they looked great and had a lot of style - remember, this was early 2000's so these were the current generation Denali at the time.  The all-wheel-drive system was solid and while not intended to be an off-road vehicle, it made the truck very stable in wet conditions.  The interior was cool and well thought out.  You could drive this everyday without issue.  It wasn't a cross-country camper hauler, but handled most loads with ease.  The ride was hard to beat as well.  This one had a sunroof and a built-in radar detector.  


So is there any place for one of these today?  Absolutely.  The trouble will be finding one that's been cared for and has relatively low miles.  If you're looking for an extra vehicle that does everything well and could be comfortably used everyday or for road trips, you could have one of these for almost nothing.  I regularly see these for well under $10K, and that's hard to beat.  

No comments:

Post a Comment