Friday, October 13, 2017

2004 Chrysler Pacifica

2004 Chrysler Pacifica


I don't have much of a history with Chrysler. I've owned three to date, none of them particularly interesting. I've started buying older cars of late it seems so that may bring some of the classic Chryslers into play, but really it's been a brand with little to shout about for decades. That said, I have to admit that I was kind of impressed with this Pacifica. I can't remember for the life of me why I bought it, or even where. I got it basically new in 2004 with about 1000 miles on the odometer and I didn't keep it long.


I also find it funny that it's coming up now because I just made Nel go test drive a new Pacifica this week. There's probably no chance that I could actually pull the trigger and buy one, but it's weird that this was selected at this time. The new Pacifica is 100% minivan, and a very good one. These older ones were kind of like an attempt to make a minivan without people thinking it was a minivan. I was kind of impressed with it really. It was quite useful and well thought out.


Sadly, other than being a flexible vehicle that didn't drive terribly, there wasn't much to say about it. I can't imagine anyone buying one of these today so I won't bother telling you not to. 


I'm not sure if these were a financial success for Chrysler or not, but the name lives on today in a very capable and well designed minivan....if you're into that sort of thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment