Friday, January 18, 2019

1995 Chevrolet Corvette

1995 Chevrolet Corvette


I've owned a ton of Corvettes over the years. Most of them have been 5th gen cars, but I've had five of these C4s with this being the 2nd one I'd purchased at the time. I always loved the styling on the C4. This particular example had fairly low miles - somewhere around 60K I think - was in pretty good shape, and was very, very, red! The exterior color was called "Torch Red", and was contrasted nicely (sarcasm) by the "Torch Red" interior.


I liked the color combo. It was certainly bright, but it's a sports car! Surprisingly to me, a lot of my friends didn't really care for it. I bought a virtually identical red on red '96 just a couple years after I sold this one and just recently I took a buddy of mines red on red '96 home and kept it for him for a while. 


I did very little to this car. While attending a Corvette and Chevy show at the Houston Convention Center, I picked up a new driver's seat cover. Other than that (which I never actually installed) I didn't have to address any issues.


These C4s are actually a little more fun to drive than C5s and even C6s in my opinion. They just kind of feel better on the road. Don't get me wrong, they aren't better cars - they don't ride as well and don't perform as well either, and they're just really difficult to get in and out of. In spite of all that they're a lot more fun to point and go!


I kept this car for a short time - maybe a year - before selling it to a guy in Phoenix who called to tell me he couldn't get it into gear when he got it home. The car never had any issues for me and I never heard back from him so I assume it was nothing. These are fantastic cars and still very cheap to buy and own. If you just want a kind of cool and fun sports car with daily driver reliability and outstanding performance without breaking the bank you can't go wrong with a C4. They can't get any cheaper either.


1 comment: