Tuesday, October 13, 2020

1991 Infiniti Q45

 1991 Infiniti Q45


This will be a short one, primarily because I only have a few pictures of it. This one goes back a long way - probably law school days.  My friend Andrew and I went to an auction. This was before my car auction days - it might have been the first one I ever attended. We were just curious, but didn't buy anything. 



As we left, a guy approached us in the parking lot and asked if we had any interest in his Infiniti (I know - weird, right?). We looked it over and decided to buy it. We had actually come to the auction with quite a bit of cash, and we ended up going home with a car. It had high miles so it we got a pretty good deal on it. 



The early Q45 was an interesting car. It was very tight and handled well for a luxury car. It also had a vary unique sound. After I detailed it and replaced one of the headlights it looked great. The Momo wheels gave it a lot of style.



Everyone who drove this car liked it. One of my friends even thought about buying it from me. I ended up selling it to a local woman when I was done with it. Here's a cautionary tale: I let the women take it to an Infiniti dealership and pay them a great deal of money to check it out. They came back with the typical stuff (brakes, belts, etc.) but nothing major. We agreed on a price and she bought it. About 5 months later I got a letter from an attorney stating that the transmission had gone out and I was responsible. They had no case of course, and I informed them of such. I never heard back. I'm not sure what she was thinking, but when you buy something from an individual and even have it inspected by a professional third party....I'm not sure what her lawyer was thinking. I'm guessing he just hoped I would cave to a threat and reach out to settle. 



No comments:

Post a Comment