Friday, March 30, 2012

1997 Cadillac DeVille


Random vehicle blog…………………tonight the wheel has selected…

1997 Cadillac DeVille


OK, so definitely not an exciting one tonight but that's how the "random" part of the random selector program works.  My parents had owned basically this exact car (but maroon) for years.  I had always enjoyed driving it around when I had the chance so when this pearl white one came across at an auction I was attending and no one seemed to be jumping at it I snatched it up.  It didn't cost that much - it had about 76K miles and they had gotten pretty cheap by this time.


The cavernous trunk is one reason the DeVille makes a great highway car.  You could easily fit three bodies back there - five if you cut them up (I'm guesstimating - I swear).  They also glide across the road as smooth as silk.  You won't win any road races with these things, but that's not what you get one for.


The interior on this one was starting to show some wear, which is the real downfall of Cadillac's.  It's an American made car, which unfortunately means that it just won't wear as well as a BMW or a Mercedes.  That's why the resale on these things is so low.  People don't expect this car to still be on the road at 200K miles.  I like the DeVille OK and certainly think it's a good car for the money, but that's probably more due to how little they cost than how good of a car they are.  I don't think I had this one very long, but I can't remember selling it.


1 comment:

  1. Knowing that it is a Caddy is exciting enough for me. Whenever I see an old model of a Cadillac, I cannot help but smile. There are only a few of these today and seeing one will surely bring a smile to my face.

    Best,
    Stelle

    ReplyDelete