Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Baywood Country Club




Baywood Country Club

Pasadena, Texas

Baywood Country Club (and I use ‘country club’ VERY loosely) is – I mean was – a horrible course.  It was so bad that it no longer exists.  I can remember this place being ok in the 90’s, but it went downhill fast in its dying years.


Barry and I played a number of rounds here through the years due to its proximity to my house and affordable rates.  The last time we teed it up here should have been an omen as we basically had the place to ourselves.


Nel hitting her pretty little pink ball out of the rough.  I know she’s in the rough because there is actually grass. 


Here I am eyeing yet another perfect approach shot :-).


This is one of my favorite pictures.  Barry (with Gina) is waving the white flag to surrender after being assaulted yet again by Branelle.  For some reason on this day, no matter where Barry was in relation to Nel’s swing, she had the uncanny ability to hit it at him – even if he was parallel and 100 yards away!  It was great!

Here’s Nel looking all innocent about the whole thing.

 
So with this tee shot on 18 I bid a somewhat sad farewell to Baywood Country Club.  It wasn’t much, but I hate to see golf courses close – especially those near my home.  The layout had potential, but the funds just weren’t there to maintain it.  We all hit the 19th hole to “pour one for my Baywood homies”.


Branelle – Gina - Barry

1 comment:

  1. That place was so fun in the late 90's and early 2000's... Sure do miss that layout...

    ReplyDelete