Friday, October 12, 2012

The Preserve at Deer Creek




The Preserve at Deer Creek

New Berlin, Wisconsin

In June of 2008 I was in the Milwaukee area serving as Branelles’ ‘wedding date’ for her friend Becky’s big day.  I wanted to get some golf in since I had never played in Wisconsin before so I brought my clubs.  Nel was busy with wedding stuff but her mother and sisters were nice enough to venture out with me to find a course.

 
 



I had read that some of the nicest courses in the country were in Wisconsin.  Unfortunately, they were a little further north than our location.  There were a few nice looking ones very close to our hotel, including one directly across the street, but I wanted one that wouldn’t be too crowded so we wouldn’t be rushed.  We found a small 9-hole course about 10 minutes from our hotel called The Preserve at Deer Creek.  It was basically empty so we gave it a try.  The course turned out to be little more than a pasture with greens on it, but I still had a wonderful time handing out with Mrs. C and the Doublemint Twins.





I’d love to get up to some of the more renowned courses in the state.  This was an adequate and cheap place to get a round in.  We had it to ourselves which is always nice.  One thing I found interesting was the complete lack of cart paths.  I shot a 43 in high winds, but didn’t hit the ball particularly well. 





No comments:

Post a Comment