Thursday, December 20, 2012

1995 Mercedes-Benz E320 Cabriolet


Random Vehicle Blog............

1995 Mercedes-Benz E320 Cabriolet


 This E320 was a very pleasant car and actually turned out to be a pretty good buy on my part.  These E Cabriolets have really held their value, becoming a coveted "classic-to-be" Mercedes.  Low mileage examples bring serious money, but even a higher mileage car like mine (80K) was on the way up, not down.  I enjoyed driving this very comfortable and stylish convertible around and actually sold it for more than I paid for it to boot.  


The 3.2-liter in-line six is a smooth motor, and just enough for this middle-weight Merc.  More power would have been nice (always is), but the cars persona really made you want to drive slower and relax.


The interior was standard Mercedes in a handsome cream.  It was in good shape and just starting to show its age at the time.  The back seat was functional and the power top was great.  I acknowledge the fact that many consider these old E Cabrios to be an "old man car".  I get it.  It's not exciting and probably isn't going to help you pick up chicks.  That said, I can also understand why so many people love these.  If I were 65 and looking for a convertible, I would have to consider this one.  It's comfortable and reliable, a classic that really seems to be aging quite gracefully, and is appreciating.  Sounds like a winning combination to me.

   
 


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this. I've owned many Mercedes, but this is one of my favorites. It's a big, solid, capable machine to grow old with that I'm fortunate to call my 4-wheeled friend.

    ReplyDelete