Friday, February 1, 2013

Guide to My Blog

Guide to My Blog?

I don't really intend for my blog to be read by anyone.  It's really just an exercise in forcing myself to write from time to time.  As a result, it's usually about things that are interesting to me:  Cars, Sports, Travel.  I kind of like the idea of my blogs being in categories - it seems cleaner for some reason.  I have three "series" of blogs going so far:
  • Random Vehicle Blogs - These are really easy for me to spit out quickly.  I just take a car I've owned in the past, write a few sentences about it, and slap some pictures up and I'm done.  I know nobody cares, but it's quick and harmless.  I even have the vehicle I blog about randomly generated by a program.
  • Golf Course Reviews - I like playing golf when I travel so I occasionally write a review of a course I've hit up.  Harmless and easy.
  • 100 Places to See Before You Die - These usually get read by more people than any of my others.  I assume it's because the locations show up on a Google search from time to time.  The list I use isn't really my list - I stole it from a book that's just a compilation of 100 Greatest Wonders of the World.  It's as good a list as any, and it motivates Branelle and I to try to see some of the places if we're close.  
The rest of my blogs are either random travel blogs or documenting some home improvement project or the occasional odd rant or comment stretched out.  I try to avoid politics and moral issues, although it's difficult to keep my opinion to myself all the time.

This year I'm going to try to be a little more random and a little more brief.  I may add another "series" or two (I'm thinking about blogging about some of the pieces from our art collection - riveting!).

Anyway, just wanted to give a shout out to my massive following (Hi Mom - Hi Branelle) and let you know that I'll continue to type out late night fodder and am always open to blog suggestions.     

No comments:

Post a Comment