Wednesday, October 8, 2014

2001 Sea Doo GTX

Another random vehicle blog......

2001 Sea Doo GTX


My random vehicle blog program has assigned me a jet ski today.  While my watercraft history isn't nearly as extensive as my automobile history, I have had a few over the years and this is the first time one has come up in my blog program.  I had this GTX and a 2001 XP at the same time in about 2003 I believe.  They were both like new and a total blast to run.  The area we live in is great for all sorts of water sports and we used these quite a bit in both Clear Lake as well as launching them down in Galveston.  The GTX is a good jet ski because it balances a nice stable size with a big performance motor.  I think this one was some kind of special edition having something to do with Jeep, but I'm not sure.


The only complaint I had at the time was that the two Sea Doos were on separate trailers.  Having a two boat rig on a single trailer is awesome, but the trailers are usually too wide for a single garage space.  At the time, I wasn't using a warehouse yet for my collection so I didn't have unlimited space.


The GTX had to share a garage stall with another toy and I believe the XP was stored at a friends house - or maybe my brothers place.


Here is a picture of my brother and I trying to do something (I have no idea what).  While I enjoyed the boat the entire time I owned it, the maiden voyage wasn't without incident.  A group of us took both Sea Doos to Galveston beach and launched them right into the surf.  Unfortunately, someone forgot to put the plug in first and the GTX flooded leaving us with just the XP for the rest of the day.  Other than that, never had any problems with it.  I do have to say that jet skis on the beach is by far the most fun place to ride them.  Having waves, regardless of how high they are, is like having never ending ramps to jump and ride and bank turns from.  


No comments:

Post a Comment