Saturday, December 30, 2017

My Wife Is Easily Amused

My Wife Is Easily Amused

Mont Saint-Michel
My wife has been doing this for years, but I just started noticing recently. For some reason she finds it quite amusing when random people ask me to take a picture for them when we're traveling. She feels the need to take a picture of me taking a picture, and seems very pleased every time it happens. If I went back and sifted through old trip photos I could probably find lots of these, but here are a few that I caught recently. 

Bristol, Tennessee
I think part of her being entertained by this is that she feels I don't usually come across as the most approachable person in a crowd. With all the options in most of these places, she finds it hard to believe that people think "let's go ask that guy" - but they do all the time. 

Paris
This one was really funny. Nel and I were heading out to dinner late one evening in Paris and outside our restaurant there was a large group of women - maybe a dozen or so. They wanted a picture and it was a wide one so I got back as far as I could. This seemed to concern at least a few of the women. I think they thought I was going to run off with their camera. They didn't think I could understand them, but most interesting (and confusing) was that they seemed to be very concerned that I was Swedish - as if that made me more likely to be a camera thief?  

South Dakota
Truth be told, I don't mind taking a picture or two for folks. In fact, I'm probably a lucky person to ask because I will commit to getting the best shot I can for anyone that asks. I've even been known to climb something or lay on the ground if it improves that shot. Anything worth doing...., right?

Versailles
Anyway, bottom line:  I don't mind doing it - I agree with Nel in that I am surprised by how often I seem to be asked - and I am extremely amused by how much it amuses her.


No comments:

Post a Comment