Monday, July 2, 2018

1996 Dodge Intrepid

1996 Dodge Intrepid


So the random generator program has given me something sort of amusing tonight. I believe this is actually the first car I ever bought at an auction. I remember it was in January of 1999 and the place was called Houston Auto Auction I believe. It was a public auction with a lot of junk to be honest.


Why did I buy it? - No idea.
What was I planning on doing with it? - No idea.

I think I was just there out of curiosity and determined to buy something. It was actually a pretty nice car. It was a company fleet car that was being liquidated. It was black with gray cloth interior and had the larger of two options 3.5-liter V6.


I was pleasantly surprised with how it drove. Not fast, but enough motor for normal driving. For the money it wasn't a bad car. It had all the power options you could get and was perfect on the inside. 


I drove this car on occasion for a few months and then realized it was just pointless to keep around. I love to buy cars but hate to sell them! It's annoying and you have to deal with all kinds of flakes. I think I actually listed this car in the local newspaper and finally got a legitimate buyer. He didn't speak a word of English and paid me with a shoebox full of cash - no bills larger than $20 - in a gas station parking lot late at night. 

There's certainly no reason to buy one of these Intrepids today so I won't even waste time telling you not to.

No comments:

Post a Comment