Thursday, November 1, 2018

2000 Dodge Durango SLT 4X4

2000 Dodge Durango SLT 4X4


I'm going to make a real effort to rattle off some late posts in 2018 (I've been doing about one a month) and, as usual, when I need to jump start these I go with a Random Vehicle Blog. Sadly, my random selection program has pulled another somewhat boring example tonight but they've all got to come up eventually so here goes. 


This 2000 Dodge Durango was really more my buddy Barry's doing than mine. He used to go to auctions with me from time to time and this was a truck he thought was interesting. I liked the color and it was a 4X4 so I was cool with it and brought it home. I drove it very sparingly and sold it rather quickly (for me anyway), but all in all it was a decent truck.


In truth, I was pleasantly surprised with the way it drove. This one had the big 4.7-liter Magnum V-8, and it was very smooth. The truck was easy and pleasant to drive around town. It didn't rattle or float, and was pretty quiet and comfortable.


My main area of displeasure with this Durango was the interior. It was functional, but just felt cheap and plain. It had a 3rd row seat and rear air, but just didn't look good. The cloth didn't help, nor did the drab grey color. The biggest problem, however, was too much plastic.


It was a pretty good truck, but I never saw myself wanting one on a permanent basis (although I bought three over the years). I liked the external styling at the time, but wished the truck were a bit bigger to match the looks. Higher end versions with some accessories look much better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment