Tuesday, April 9, 2019

1998 Mitsubishi 3000GT

1998 Mitsubishi 3000GT


I've owned a handful of these 3000GT's over the years and I think this is the last one to be blogged about. This was really the base model of the line, but had just enough customization and in spite of being about five years old when I bought it, only had 14K miles on the odometer so I picked it up on a whim. It turned out to be a good purchase because (and this doesn't happen often) I actually sold it for more than I bought it for when I eventually let it go.


Personally, the car really wasn't to my taste. I thought the pearl white exterior was striking, but the gold studs on the custom wheels were hideous and the wood grain kit on this particular interior just didn't work.



Still, it was like a new car and I never had a single issue with it. The 3000GT is kind of fun to drive, but you really want the VR-4 if you're going to get one.


This was a good example of tasteful aftermarket touches without overdoing it. It may not have been my personal vision of the perfect 3000GT, but it was someone's and they did a great job taking it there. After about a year I sold this one to a couple in Minnesota that really loved it.


No comments:

Post a Comment