Tuesday, February 18, 2020

1998 Mercedes Benz ML 320

1998 Mercedes Benz ML 320


Now that I'm finally done with my travel posts from Europe I can get back to the annoying task of trying to complete my vehicle blog catalog. I'm going to lead with what I usually finish with and just tell you to avoid these old MLs like the plague. 

I bought this high mileage ML 320 thinking I was getting a pretty good deal (by the way - it was 2002 when I bought it). What I got was a truck that needed some serious mechanical attention and took me forever to get rid of.


It was filthy when I got it - an indication that it hadn't been taken care of well - but it cleaned up pretty good. I had to replace a few parts here and there, but nothing major....until the transfer case went out. 


It really wasn't a bad truck to drive. It was all-wheel-drive and ran pretty well. The 320 meant it was a 6-cylinder and it was underpowered. The 430 is probably a better option and the ML55 would have to have been a monster and the only one worth looking at today. I didn't use it as a utility vehicle often because the center rear seat was broken and wouldn't fold down. When I decided to get rid of it I could not sell it so I ended up owner financing for a local guy in an effort to recover as much of my money as possible. That was a terrible mistake. Every time I've tried to help somebody out over the years it hasn't worked out for me. This was no exception.


No comments:

Post a Comment