Sunday, July 5, 2020

1993 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo

1993 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo


There are lots of cars that I've owned that I still wish I had today, and this would certainly fall into that category. At the time, which was 2004, I had just always wanted to try one out. Unfortunately, this particular example wasn't the best car. It had some mechanical issues that kept me from ever really enjoying it like I had hoped.



The real reason you wanted one of these was under the hood. You can do a lot with these Nissan TT motors, but this one was stock. The issue with mine was a fuel leak that we just couldn't ever resolve. The garage I was using at the time was very good, but they couldn't ever find the source but every time I walked in my garage in the morning it was obviously still there.


The interior of this car was clean, but still just average for a 10-year old vehicle. I remember hating the colors at the time, but I kind of like it today. I'm getting older and I guess "retro-cool" is starting to appeal to me. 


These have become quite valuable and sought after today. This one had about 88K miles on it but was an automatic, which would hurt the value. Still, it had t-tops, was pretty well optioned, and had leather (although I prefer the cloth version of this car). I wouldn't mind another one of these, but they've gotten pricey so it's an investment decision now.


No comments:

Post a Comment