Monday, August 29, 2016

1995 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4X4

Random Vehicle Blog:  

1995 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4X4


As they say:  "They're not all 10's buddy".  The random program generator has given me one of my least favorite vehicles I've ever owned this evening.  (I suppose the good news is this should be a short blog.)

I had owned a Jeep Grand Cherokee for some time that I advertised in the NASA online swap page and this young girl asked me if I would be interested in trading her for this Blazer plus some cash.  Value wise it was a fair deal and I didn't really care if I had this SUV or the Jeep, plus she was really nice, so I agreed.  


The truck was actually in really good cosmetic condition and as far as Blazers go was fully loaded.  Unfortunately that's where the compliments end.  I soon discovered that the catalytic converter was bad, the AC had a weird electrical problem that I couldn't sort out, and the engine was WAY too under-powered.  It's a shame as this would have made a good cheap utility vehicle to have around.  I fixed it up and tried to sell it.  It seems like I had this thing forever, but finally sold it to a local family looking for a first vehicle for their teenage daughter.  They had no problem with the fact that it was under-powered.  :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment