Sunday, January 13, 2013

1998 Porsche Boxster

Random Vehicle Blog:


1998 Porsche Boxter


I certainly have a thing for Porsche's, probably due to the fact that my first car was a triple black 944 (or perhaps my first car was a result of my love for the brand).  Regardless, it's quite surprising to me that prior to purchasing this Boxster I had owned only two Porsche's, and both of them were front engine cars.  I plan to have owned every single Porsche model before I'm done.  Well, you can check the Boxster off my list.



This car was a 5-speed , and was in very good condition.  The Boxster handles great, and is rather quick too as long as you aren't comparing it to a Viper or a Vette (we'll leave those to it's turbo charged 911 big brother).  The car had a lot of style and was a blast to drive.  Due to a bit of overselling in the US market, they are actually quite affordable now.  You can pick up higher mileage drivers for less than $10K today, and even when I bought this car good ones could be had in the low $20's.



When I finally sold it, this car went to a very nice gentleman in Colorado.  I might purchase another Boxster someday.  I think I would prefer this one in an automatic, and perhaps a "louder" color, and would also certainly prefer the "S" version.  It's a car that everyone can drive.  It does everything well without doing anything great.  The Boxster is a legitimate candidate for the title of 'Ultimate Weekender'.






No comments:

Post a Comment