Thursday, January 3, 2013

Pirates's Cove Adventure Golf

Pirates Cove Adventure Golf

Brainerd, Minnesota

In the summer of 2008 I had the chance to play the Black Beard’s Challenge Course at Pirate’s Cove in Brainerd, Minnesota.  Pirate’s Cove is a national chain with about 25 locations.  The one in Brainerd was very nice and included a sweet go-cart track and two separate 18-hole courses.  In the years since, I've played there a number of times.

Foreshadowing - I would end up hitched to this chick a couple years later.
Our outing in '08 included seven people.  In addition to Nel and me we had (from left to right): Mr. Cibuzar, Andrea, Aiden (or half of him anyway), Mrs. C, and Ari.

The course is very well kept and quite interesting.
I had to go "pool cue" on this one in '08 because there was a headstone in my stance and my competitors wouldn't give me relief.  I made it!
Same problem in 2010, but different approach. 
The 2010 round included Mrs. Cibuzar, Nel and I, Barry & Gina, and Mr. C.


I had a great time in 2008.  My only complaint is that my group was adamant about everyone playing each hole at the same time.  That meant there were 7 balls on the hole and you had to play around them.  On the 2nd hole this cost me as I was blocked from an easy 2 by other balls.  I tried to jump and ended up pouting and taking a 5.  It cost me the match as I continued pouting for a number of holes before I realized I was the only idiot that actually cared who won.

Here's Branelle "pencil whipping" me after the round - I'm sure of it.  How else could I have lost?!? :-)
 
Pirate’s Cove is great.  I will definitely hit it again the next time I’m in central Minesoooooota.  They even give you free hats!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment