Tuesday, April 12, 2016

2000 Infiniti Q45 Anniversary Edition

2000 Infiniti Q45 Anniversary Edition



This Anniversary Edition Q45 was actually one of my all-time favorites.  I liked the way the car looked, and I loved the way it drove.  It had low miles and was in mint condition when I bought it, primarily because it had been involved in a light accident and had sat for a long time prior to being repaired.  It still needed a few odds and ends to make it perfect - nothing major, just a few trim pieces and some weather stripping.  I took care of everything in about a week.



I haven't checked them all out lately, but back in the day I thought the Nissan/Infiniti navigation system was the best in the business.  The Bird's Eye View was something unique at the time.


The engine was a very strong V8.  The car felt like a beast at mid-range and was no slouch off the line either.


The Anniversary Edition was nothing more than a re-badged Touring Package.


People never really warmed to these older Q45s.  The next generation of Q45 were ugly and worse in my opinion, but these were great cars.  I think it's the closest Infiniti ever got to challenging Lexus in any segment.



I love the interior of these older Qs as well.  They were roomy, comfortable, wore well, and the two-tone combo on this one was very attractive to me.


6 comments:

  1. Currently own a 2000 q45 Anniversary Edition in Silver over Beige (same interior as yours but they threw the whole woodgrain brick at it...it's everywhere). I bought it to replace a 2000 i30t (silver/black) that was wrecked (not my fault). I'm a bit old school and have an appreciation for uncomplicated luxury. I'm obsessed with the white/silver option that Infiniti offered in 2000, apparently trying to appease the Lexus two-tone crowd. I got lucky with a meticulously maintained car that looks "never used" despite having 180,000 miles. This car that you had is in similar condition (sans mudflaps). I never see them on the road, so the q45 is a rare bird. I like that, but makes me nicer than natural for obvious reasons. Your blog is awesome and I'll continue to live vicariously through your revolving garage door. Your Roadhouse Benz SEC takes me back...nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate the comments. I forget sometimes that these might actually get read by someone other than my mom. ;-) I have some really interesting stuff in my garages right now but the random program I use to select which car to blog about never seems to pick my current rides. I'll try to ramp up the pace on the car posts. Thanks!!

      Delete
  2. I love your Q45. I've got a 2001 touring edition that wast taken care of like it should have. Mines silver with tan interior. I'm in the process of putting my spin on it. It being Christmas in a little over 2 weeks spending anything on the car is prohibited 🚫 lol. I agree with the navigation Nissan was definitely ahead of the game no doubt. That system looks modern if you ask me

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m looking far the GPS screen in my q45 I also love the thing it rides smooth and I took the exhaust off and the thing roars next I want to slam it on it’s nuts

    ReplyDelete