Tuesday, April 5, 2016

1999 Chrysler 300M

1999 Chrysler 300M



I don't really have a long nor particularly exciting history with Chrysler's - not yet anyway.  I also can't remember why I bought this nearly new model about 15 years ago.  I'm guessing I liked them more back then than I remember now.  Regardless, the Chrysler 300M is a great looking vehicle.  It’s also a very good riding and driving vehicle as well.  This low mileage example had been traded in at a Lincoln dealership in Austin and was in near mint condition.  Other than the obligatory rock chips, I couldn’t find a thing wrong with it.



The color was nice-not really gold, but not really silver either.  300M’s were mid-sized cars that shared a lot under the skin with the Dodge Intrepid.  They were well designed and styled, and very smooth to drive.


 The 3.5-liter V6 had plenty of power for the size and weight of the car.





If I have any complaint at all (and I’m nitpicking), it’s that the interior was a little too similar to the Intrepid and could have been a bit more luxurious.  Than again, it wasn't designed to compete with BMW or Mercedes.


My brother was kind enough to keep this one for me at his house a large majority of the time I owned it (I didn't have the space back then that I have acquired in later years), and this car would have definitely made a permanent home there if the timing had been a little better.  He and Shelley loved it, and were quite distraught to hear that I had sold it on ebay to a gentleman in Utah.  You can buy these today for next to nothing, but you probably shouldn't.  They weren't built well enough to last hundreds of thousands of miles and due to the fact that they were cheapish as slightly used cars most were destroyed by less than careful owners.


No comments:

Post a Comment