Saturday, November 5, 2016

1996 BMW Z3

1996 BMW Z3


My random program has selected this Z3 for me tonight.  I won't spend a lot of time on this one, although it was probably a more interesting car than I will give it credit for.

This was the first year for the Z3 and they were pretty much all the same.  I got this one fairly cheap because it had about 100,000 miles and it wasn't in pristine condition - really it was just a nice driver.  I owned this car for years and it even ended up in my parents garage back in Wichita Falls for a time.


The Z3 was actually a lot of fun to drive with the top down, and it really didn't give me too many problems either.  The only issue I had was that it wouldn't pass an emissions inspection due to an odd computer link-up problem that BMW refused to fix.  As a result, I ended up just taking it to Wichita Falls (non-emissions county) when I was done with it here in Houston and leaving it.  I always had images of my mother zipping around town in the car with the top down, but in truth I don't think the folks drove it much.  I ended up just selling it to a local dealer in WF that was a friend of my parents.


I'm not sure I would buy another Z3, but they're ridiculously cheap and are really fun so you never know.  I might do an M Roadster - the muscle version of this car.


No comments:

Post a Comment