Wednesday, November 9, 2016

2003 Land Rover Freelander SE3

2003 Land Rover Freelander SE3


It's post-election day and I'm trying to keep myself from posting anything political, so.....Random Vehicle Blog!

I think this Land Rover is a perfect choice for today:  Freelander - "Land of the Free".  I bought this in 2004 with less than 4,000 miles on the odometer, so it was basically new.  Land Rover had stopped importing the Defender and wanted a third model to go along with the Range Rover and the Discovery. These started popping up all over Houston, but mostly in the more refined 4-door version.  I bought this on a whim (shocking, I know), and for some reason went with the very Jeep-like SE3 with its 2-door / removable rear cover configuration.


It turned out to be a pleasant little truck to drive.  It wasn't particularly spacious and certainly didn't have enough storage space to work for me as an 'SUV', but it was comfortable and well-appointed.


I ended up keeping this for less than a year and then sold it to a nice young female military friend who was stationed in Utah.  She flew in to get it with her mom and couldn't have been happier.  All in all, I liked it.  I never took it off-road and I never even took the removable roof off, but I'm sure it would have performed well.  


Perhaps the world's dumbest cup holders!  Are you really going to put a coffee thermos or a soda in the middle of the dash and then drive around?  


No comments:

Post a Comment