Sunday, January 12, 2020

Europe 2019: Hydrofoil to Peterhof

Europe 2019

Hydrofoil to Peterhof

Saint Peterburg, Russia


This will be a short one. I am a huge fan of purpose-built vehicles and I had never been on a hydrofoil before. To visit Peterhof Palace west of St Petersburg you can either drive or take a hydrofoil. Guess which one I was adamant about doing when planning our day with our guides.



Anya was always just taking us in places or going straight to the front of any line there might have been. It was a bit uncomfortable sometimes but no one even blinked. I was beginning to think we were going to have the boat to ourselves for a moment. 



Here I am trying to explain to Samantha what makes a hydrofoil special - how it rises out of the water and rides on foils.



Eventually we loaded up more people and headed out. The ride was surprisingly comfortable and quiet. It was a great way to travel.




You could go outside if you wanted to so Sam and I checked it out briefly, but it was really chilly at speed so back into the warm cabin we went.





ATTACK SELFIE!



I really enjoyed our little boat trip. Anya said it would be about 30 minutes but it didn't seem that long. I would definitely take this option when heading to Peterhof if you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment