Friday, June 22, 2012

1995 Ducati 900 SuperSport CR


Doin' another Random Vehicle Blog tonight…….spinning…….and the selection is….

1995 Ducati 900 SuperSport CR


Sweet!  I can't speak for anybody reading this blog (both of you), but I, at least, find this one interesting.


I was having dinner at the home of some friends of an ex of mine one night when the subject of the host's Ducati came up.  He was the original owner of this '95 SuperSport CR and wanted to sell it because he wasn't riding it anymore.  It was in almost mint condition and he wasn't asking much.  I certainly hadn't been looking for a bike, but it was a good deal so I bought it the next day.


This was technically the first bike I ever owned.  I had put some miles and my buddy Andrew's Katana 600 in my younger days, but it had been a while.  Italian bikes are a lot different than Japanese bikes.  This one had been sitting and there was a backfire sound during deceleration.  It seemed to have no effect on the performance though.  My friend Barry and I tried to fix it but I botched the job.


It had a great deal of power.  Most of it was low end torque.  It was a very rough and unrefined bike - basically a track bike with turn signals.  The CR stands for "Café Racer".

The previous owner had meticulously maintained the bike and there wasn't a scratch on it.  It even had all the books and original tool kit.


I am admittedly not much of a biker.  They scare me a little, and in Houston they scare me a lot!  I never intended on keeping the bike for very long and started trying to sell it after only a few months.  I rode it a little, which is probably good because only bad things could have happened if I had ridden it more, and made a few bucks when I sold it.  I've had a number of bikes since, and I would like to have a nice sport bike again under different circumstances like a smaller town and cooler climate.  Maybe someday I will, but for now the helmet can continue to collect dust in the closet.

My nephew could have really thrown this bad boy around....if he could have reached the clutch.

No comments:

Post a Comment