Wednesday, June 20, 2012

2000 Infiniti I30t


Random Vehicle Blog tonight…….spinning…….and the selection is….

2000 Infiniti I30t


This Infiniti I30t (the 't' indicated the "Touring Package") had only about 16K miles on it when I bought it and was pretty much immaculate.  I actually put a few thousand miles on it before selling it and shipping it off to the Southeast.

"Surprise Car Washer" never really took off as a show on the Discovery Channel.
This cracks me up!  I'm glad the random vehicle selection program picked this one if for no other reason than this story.  I was sound asleep early one Saturday morning when I was awakened by the sound of water running through the pipes of my house.  I talked myself into getting up to take a look and was shocked to find my brother engaged in a little "Surprise Car Washer" in my driveway.  I've known him to pull a "Surprise Gardener" a time or two on his neighbors - sneaking over to mow their grass or trim a tree here and there.  I kind of get that because it improves the look of his neighborhood.  This one, however, I'm not too sure about.  Perhaps he had made his coffee "Irish" that morning.  Regardless, he does good work and is always welcome should he feel the urge to strike again.

 
I usually like my cars either big (as in luxury cruisers) or small (as in sports cars).  The mid-size has never appealed to me, although I have to admit that it makes the most sense for everyday driving.  This car was delightful though, and I could certainly see the appeal of driving one every day.  It had a great motor, was extremely comfortable, and had all sorts of neat gadgets - although sadly not Infiniti's fantastic navigation system.  I like my four-doors BIG, but it's hard to fault this car in any way.


3 comments:

  1. I miss this car - had one for a couple years before we moved to SF and gave the car to my parents. Waiting for tam to give me the thumbs up on the M Hybrid - but hey, we live in SF, so more probably going to not having a car at all next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Wes,
      Yep - I'd be in big trouble if I had to relo to San Fran. I'm guessing finding anything with a 4-car garage would be tough. :-)

      Delete
  2. huh - dub dubs is wes wu btw...

    ReplyDelete