Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Cattails at Meadowview



Cattails at Meadowview

Kingsport, Tennessee


This is the resort course at the Meadowview Resort and Conference Center in Kingsport, Tennessee.  I was in the area many years ago to attend my Grandmother’s 90th birthday celebration just over the State line in Virginia so I decided to stay here for a few days and play some golf.  The entire facility, both course and resort, were only a few years old at the time. 


I caught the course at the tail end of winter when everything was just beginning to green up.  It would certainly be more beautiful in the late summer or fall when the colors change.


The course is really two very different nines.  The front nine is flat, and offers very little in the way of scenery or hazards.  After all of the planted trees have had a few more years to mature it should be much better.  I can’t say that I cared much for the front.  The back nine, on the other hand, has spectacular elevation changes and is cut out of the existing mountainside.  I could play this side all day and not tire of it. 




The resort is fantastic, and the golf course is pretty good.  There isn’t much else to do in Kingsport, but if you’re there, for whatever reason, you should stay and play at the Meadowview.  I probably played about 4 rounds in a few days and never broke 80, so it’s a fairly challenging course.  On a side note, the quality of the room service was some of the best I’ve ever had.  I used it daily because there was a clogging convention going on the weekend I was there and I was afraid to venture to any of the restaurants.

No comments:

Post a Comment