Thursday, March 9, 2017

2001 Lexus IS300

2001 Lexus IS300


My random program has selected this little Lexus for me today.  This will be a short one, because I only took pictures of this car once, and most of them are blurry for some reason.

The IS has been very successful for Lexus.  Car magazines and "experts" have never given them credit for being legitimate 3-Series competition, but they sell like crazy.  I love Lexus in general, so I was very curious to try out this "sporty" model.


I bought this smallest of the 4-door Lexus’s (Lexuses / Lexi ?) in the early 2000s.  It was a neat little car.  It was quick and fun to drive, had a comfortable interior, and I loved the color.  It never gave me any problems and I drove it a lot while it was around.  If I had any complaint it was the lack of an armrest.  It just felt odd not having any place to rest my right arm.  When I finally got around to selling it, a father from Oklahoma bought it for his kid who flew in to pick it up.  The dad called me later to tell me that his son got a ticket on the way home but loved the car.  Probably the first of many.

No comments:

Post a Comment