Thursday, March 16, 2017

Standing In The Hall of Fame....

...and the world's gonna know your name.

The inductees at the ceremony.

Today is my wife's birthday so I'm going to brag on her a bit.  In 2015, She informed me that she was being inducted into the Brainerd Public Schools Hall of Fame.  Now, I'll be honest - when she first told me I made fun of her a bit.  It's not because I didn't think it was cool, it's just how we are.  I find it important to make sure she never starts to think she can do better than me (so if you see her around help me out by asking her if she's gained a few pounds or tell her that her hair smells funny or something).  I loaded up The Scripts song "Hall of Fame" on my phone and every time she walked into the room I'd hit it.

  
In truth, it's a very big honor to be inducted.  Brainerd, in Minnesota where Branelle grew up, has been doing this for a handful of people since 1999.  It's a small club, and the inductees faces line a special hallway at the main high school in town.  She was very honored and I was very proud.  Even more impressive is that she was the youngest member ever inducted....by about 10 years!


She refused to allow me to "help" with her speech, so it wasn't as good as it could have been.  But still, she did a great job.  ;-)


Here are all of Branelle's family members that were able to make it - with the exception of her uncle Paul.  I think he was helping some folks with something during this picture.

The inductees congratulating each other.
Branelle with her proud mother.


The HoF induction coincides with Homecoming.  Branelle spoke at the high school on Friday morning and ran in a 10K on Saturday.  There was also a parade.

The newly inducted HoFers getting ready to take a lap through town.
There'll be no living with her after this.
She's got her "parade wave" down.
Yes, my wife is awesome.  There's really no denying that at this point.  The only real question might be - Was she awesome before she met me or is this a recent trend?  I'm not saying I'm completely responsible for her brilliant rise to awesomeness (I'm not saying it out loud anyway), but when we met she drove a Jetta and dressed like this:


You be the judge.

Happy Birthday B-Nelly!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment