Sunday, September 18, 2011

1991 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4


Random vehicle blog…………………tonight the wheel has selected…

             1991 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4


These things were legendary when they first came out.  The VR-4 was a twin turbocharged road racer with some really cool features.  It was all-wheel-drive for starters, which was rare for a sports car at the time.  Also, the front and rear spoilers would raise and lower with the speed of the car to increase down force.

 
The interior of this car was in good shape (although I'm not sure how I felt about the burgundy color), but sadly that's about all that was.  The car was a mechanical nightmare and had some serious issues.  I never really got to drive it hard because it just wouldn't run properly.  It had about 130K miles on it when I bought it so I got it really cheap - I think it was somewhere around $4,000 - and I sold it just as cheap.  I was disappointed in not getting to try out a unique and legendary Japanese sports car anywhere near its potential.  These pictures actually make it look better than it really was.

No comments:

Post a Comment