Monday, September 19, 2011

1997 Chevrolet Tahoe LT


Random vehicle blog…………………tonight the wheel has selected…

                 1997 Chevrolet Tahoe LT
My new Tahoe parked in my parents backyard (?)
 In July of 1997, as I was preparing to return to Law School in Houston after finishing my Master's Degree at MSU, it became apparent that I would again need some kind of SUV to haul my greyhound Bear around in (and soon thereafter Romeo as well).  I decided it was going to be a new vehicle and started shopping.  I considered just about every SUV on the market, and even a Volvo Turbo Wagon.  In the end I decided on the Chevy Tahoe.  I ordered a 2-wheel drive LT with every option you could get at the time.
Bear and Romeo loved the truck!

I decided I wanted Cherry Ice Metallic with Tan interior.  The color looked great to me in the brochure and on the lot, but I have to admit that it got old pretty quick.  I prefer the Suburban, but the Tahoe's shorter length makes it more manageable for city driving.

It had a strong 350 motor and was pretty smooth and comfortable.  I drove this truck every day for about a year, and kept it for about 2 1/2 years.  I had very few problems with it, although it did get broken into twice.

It also proved to be a more than capable tow vehicle when called for.
Actually being used to tow Andrew's boat - a preview of things to come.

The dogs loved it and it came in handy for all sorts of other things.  I sold this one to my friend Andrew in early 2000.  He kind of wanted it and I wanted to get a new Suburban.  He still owns it to this day, using it primarily as his lake house vehicle I think.  The Tahoe was a great truck.  If I had it to do all over again I would have ordered a 4x4 and in black, but that aside I have no complaints.   In a way, I did do it all over again - Nel and I have a Tahoe now.  We got a white LTZ, and yes, it's a 4x4.
My brother cleaning it out. I'm guessing he borrowed it for something - maybe hauling mulch.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment