Thursday, September 29, 2011

1997 Cadillac Seville STS


Random vehicle blog…………………tonight the wheel has selected…

                     1997 Cadillac Seville STS

OK, I know this looks a little "pimpish", but it really was a very nice car.  I actually liked these early STS when they came out, but my initial experience with one did not go particularly well because the car had some annoying problems (I'm sure I'll be blogging about that one when the Random Wheel chooses it).  This one, however, was in excellent condition.  I wasn't crazy about the fake convertible roof, but it certainly made it unique. 

This is me doing the 'Gangsta Lean' in the car.  Don't be a hater!
Nobody liked the roof - including me - but I was surprised to find that most people hated the color as well.  I liked it myself, and thought it gave the car a sort of sporty-elegance.


They finally got the interior right on this car I 1997….right before redesigning the entire car for 1998.  I hated the interior design and controls of the '96 I had owned previously, but for '97 Cadillac had redesigned the interior and it was a 100% improvement.

Treetop Crips in da hizzouse!
For those of you who aren't "bangers", you may not recognize the gang sign for the feared 'Treetop Crips' - We roll in style!  I didn't drive this car much, and sold it to a couple from Alabama who flew in and drove it home.  The older Seville STS is a great car for the money.  1997 Is the last year for this body and undoubtedly the best year of the series.  It took them 5+ years to get it right, but at least they stuck with it.  Someone should shoot the person responsible for putting the roof on this car though.

No comments:

Post a Comment