Friday, September 16, 2011

1996 Porsche 911 Carrera


Random vehicle blog for the 2nd night in a row (I'm busy this week). 
 
Tonight's randomly selected vehicle is another cool one - I think so anyway:

               1996 Porsche 911 Carrera

This was my first 911.  I almost bought a sky blue '84 Targa as my first car from Patterson Auto Center in Wichita Falls, but I got a 944 instead.  If you had told me that it would be 16 years later before I had one of these I would have bet you otherwise.  I love Porsches, and the 911 is THE quintessential Porsche - and sports car for that matter.  This one was fairly clean and never gave me any problems, but it was far from new.  It was a nice driver with a smart option package of just the things you need.

The rear wing on 911s of this era raised and lowered with the speed of the car to increase downforce.
The rear seats are purely for show - unless you have no legs.

Older 911s (and this one wasn't even that old when I owned it) still aren't cheap and can be expensive to maintain.  Still, they are a sports car for the purist.  While this particular example wouldn't overwhelm you with power, it sucked down to the road like it was glued there and transferred ever single HP when and where you needed it.  They're fun to drive and still sexy at any age. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment