Friday, January 6, 2017

1999 Ford F250 XLT 4X4 7.3

1999 Ford F250 XLT 4X4 7.3


So I do these 'Random Vehicle Blogs' because I seem to have a sort of compulsive need to finish this catalog of all the cars I've ever owned (and I've been challenged to do so).  I say compulsive because if I had never started I wouldn't care, but I can't stop now.  This one came up tonight and it's kind of interesting because I only owned this truck for maybe a month or two, and it was probably 10 years ago, but it's in my driveway from time to time now.  

I used to keep a Superduty around all the time.  I'd buy a high mileage one and just drive it until someone wanted it or I got tired of it for some reason.  I bought this one with about 200K miles on it from Big H Auto Auction.  It was in great shape and ran great as well so I was happy with the purchase.  Maybe a month later I was visiting the build site of our home we were constructing in Seabrook and my builder took an interest in it.  He decided he wanted it and I was happy to let him have it for what I had in it so he wrote me a check on the spot and gave me a lift home.  The only down side was I had to go out and immediately find another one.  

The interesting thing is that same builder, Bill, is currently constructing our guest house at our home in League City and his son, who works with him sometimes, owns and drives the truck.  It has over 400K miles on it and it's still going strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment