Monday, January 2, 2017

2001 Volvo V70 T5

2001 Volvo V70 T5


I actually like Volvo's for some reason.  They're fairly respected now, but old ones like this weren't loved by everyone.  I've always liked them and have a special affinity for the wagons.  I bought this T5 for next to nothing.  It had nearly 100K miles on it and was in rough shape for what was just a four year old car at the time.  All of the mechanical issues I was able to fix, but cosmetically it had seen better days.  The paint was weak.  It had scratches all over as if it had been over zealously buffed on a weekly basis.  The interior condition was just so-so as well.  It was a strong runner though, and I really enjoyed driving the car myself.


This was kind of neat.  The back floor had a seat that would fold out that faced rearward.  If I were a kid I would have loved riding back there.


Another interesting feature was the built in booster seats in the back.  This seems like it would be great to have with kids.  You get the kid seat without having to compromise too much in the way of performance and style.


I generally like Volvo interiors and find them to be well thought out and comfortable.  This one, although dirty, was no exception.  I like the V70 T5, but this one was not a good example.  Everyone else I know hated it, and it certainly wasn't going to help with the ladies.  

Before I talk up this Swede too much, I have to disclose that this was the only car that ever stranded me anywhere.  It broke down just outside of Ft.Worth as I was headed home to Houston from Wichita Falls.  I had to be towed to the Volvo dealership in Ft. Worth and spend the night while they waited on a $50 part to fix it.  It really wasn't a big deal and I ended up having a great night, but as a car with a reputation for being less than reliable, this one didn't help.



No comments:

Post a Comment