Friday, January 20, 2017

1994 & 1995 Sea Doos

1994 Sea Doo XP
1995 Sea Doo HX


I had these quite some time ago - thus the picture quality, or lack thereof (we used to have this stuff called "film").  It's no secret that anything with a flame job immediately catches my eye.  These bad boys had my name all over them. They were completely custom and in perfect condition.  Even the engines had been painted.


Air Mike!!! - My brother enjoying the XP.
Shelley's Nightmare! - My sister-in-law would not have approved.

This is the best we could do for action shots back then.


Barry at 50.....mph, not years old. :-)

We had a great time with these things, but only one of them was really all that functional.  The HX was a racing model, and wasn't stable enough at low speeds to cruise around on.  You were basically flying or you were tipping over.  To make matters worse, it was about impossible to get back on in open water.  The XP, however, was a blast to ride.


As much fun as they were, the unstableness of the HX combined with the fact that the trailer wouldn't fit in my garage at the time made it clear that they had to go.  

My brother and my nephew, Carter.  This little dude is a senior in high school now.  Man, I'm old!





No comments:

Post a Comment