Wednesday, May 10, 2017

1972 Chevrolet C-10

1972 Chevrolet C-10


I would describe this interesting C-10 as 'driver restored'.  It certainly wasn't a show truck, but it looked good moving down the road and someone had obviously spent some money on it.  Vintage trucks are ridiculously popular today, but when I had this one they weren't really on the collector radar yet.


I got it pretty cheap and everything worked great.  It was even kind of fun to drive.  I never did anything "trucky" in it, but I think my brother borrowed it to haul mulch once.  It had fairly recent pain, but curiously while the green looked perfect, the white had some areas that were flaking.  


I have grown to actually like these 70's colors, but at the time I found the interior to be quite displeasing visually.  The green wasn't really a nice shade like forrest green or pine green - it was just green.....and there was a lot of it!


The thing that made the truck look especially nice was that a lot of the trim and brightwork was new.  The rear bumper and exhaust tips helped with the back end while the spare tire covers added some style and a clean look to the profile.


I sold this truck to a guy in New York eventually, but I got the impression he was just going to re-sell it.  Having not been a truck guy growing up, I was shocked at how many people seemed to show an interest in this thing.  I got stopped quite often by curious admirers and got a lot of the casual "thumb's up" at lights. Vintage trucks have gotten pricey now, but there are still lot's of them around and you can find good deals if you look.  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment