Tuesday, May 2, 2017

2000 Ford Excursion 4X4 Limited V10 (#4)

2000 Ford Excursion 4X4 Limited V10 (#4)


You may notice the (#4) up in the title.  Over the years I've owned 10 Ford Excursions.  Nine of them were 2000 models, and five of those were 4X4 Limiteds with a V10.  This was the 4th in sequence of ownership but the first one that my random selection program has thrown at me.  I was talking to a salesman at a dealership recently and I mentioned that I "loved Excursions and used to have one".  He said, "So you're the guy."  Funny.


I'm not going to defend Excursions here, since I'm clearly going to have plenty of other opportunities to do so in the future.  I'll just say that at one point when I had this one I also owned two others (not real bright) and this was probably the nicest one.  It had almost 120K miles on it but was in great condition so I didn't keep it long since I wanted to get down to one and this was the easiest to sell.  


The V10 is a strong motor and it does everything well, but let's not kid ourselves about the gas mileage.  It got about 10 or so I'm guessing.  I would never tell you to go out and buy one of these as a daily driver, but as a utility vehicle they have no equal.  Before you go condemning them, think about how many Superdutys you see on the roads today.  This was simply a Superduty with an SUV back end.

No comments:

Post a Comment