Sunday, November 24, 2019

Europe 2019: FC Copenhagen

Europe 2019

FC Copenhagen V Midtjylland

Copenhagen, Denmark


I always try to hit up a game when we travel for whatever is popular wherever we are. For most places that's soccer, and Denmark is no exception. They had a home game against their league rivals Midtjylland so I ordered tickets before we left for our trip. 



This was about the only time we used public transportation to get around Copenhagen. We could have walked to the stadium, but it was a little far. Our night almost ended before it began because I left the tickets in our apartment. We were at the bus stop when I realized it and the bus was coming in 10 minutes. I had to run 500 meters (or about .31 miles) to the apartment, up 5 flights of stairs, back down 5 flights of stairs, and then another 500 meters. I made it with time to spare - so Branelle's running club can suck it! It's not that I can't run, it's that I choose not to.

Samantha is still a fan of public transportation....

...and of Daddy transportation, no matter how sweaty I am.





The stadium itself is alright. It's not spectacular, but it was a nice place to watch a game. They made me buy five seats even though there were only four of us because they didn't want a single seat left over. They weren't particularly expensive so no big deal.



 Samantha had just started playing soccer when we left for our trip so she was initially sort of interested....




...and then not so much. She slept through the second half of what was a somewhat exciting but ultimately disappointing 0-0 draw. 



I believe this was Nana's first professional soccer game. 



All in all it was a good outing. We caught the bus back and had dinner outside (as usual) before heading back to the apartment. It got kind of chilly in the evenings but restaurants usually have heaters everywhere and blankets over the backs of every chair outside. It's kind of fun.



No comments:

Post a Comment