Thursday, February 9, 2017

1997 BMW 740i

1997 BMW 740i


Super short post on this one.  The random generator has selected this 740i that I had for a short while back in around 2004.  I've owned a number of these older 7-Series and this was the 2nd one, and my least favorite.  I bought the car from a guy who handed me the keys in Afghanistan and told me how to get it out of his warehouse in Houston.  The warehouse wasn't in the best part of town. Getting the keys might have been safer than getting the car.

  
The aftermarket rims on this one actually looked pretty good (not always the case).  The car ran good but it wasn't perfect, and to be honest it was just a little dirty.  I kept it for a short time before selling it on ebay to a guy in Iowa.  After he got the car he asked me if I would help him out financially with a few issues on it.  Normally that would be a big "no", but I liked the approach he took so I gave him a hand.  See, it pays to be nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment