Tuesday, February 21, 2017

2001 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro

2001 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro


The random generator has selected this A4 for me tonight.  This will be a short one because it's not that exciting of a car and I'm a little busy this evening.  

I've owned a handful of these A4s over the years, but this was the nicest.  It was fairly new when I got it and had around 35K miles on it if I remember correctly. That said, I couldn't get rid of it fast enough.  It had previously been owned by a smoker!  I got fooled when I bought it - car dealers are clever at masking smells. It always comes back though.  I would spray things in this car and let it bake for days.  I tried shooting things that smelled good like vanilla in the ducts and anywhere else I could think of but all I got was smoky vanilla.  I don't remember how I finally sold it but I was thrilled to have it gone.  It was a shame too, because it was a very nice driving car.  I prefer the V6 in these, but other than that it was great.

 
I've since learned how to spot (or smell) tricks that people use to mask smoker cars and have gotten pretty good at avoiding them.  If you're a non-smoker like I am, buying a car that's been smoked in is not an option.  It gets on your clothes and even leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment