Thursday, February 16, 2017

2000 Nissan Xterra XE

2000 Nissan Xterra XE


This may not be a particularly interesting vehicle, but it at least has an interesting story.  I haven't owned many Nissan's, and this is the only Xterra I've had to date and I hardly drove it at all so I really can't give you much feedback on the truck to be honest.  It's kind of a funny story though so here goes.

A buddy of mine came to a dealer auction with me one time and actually bid on this Xterra while I wasn't paying attention.  No problem initially - I'd never had an Xterra, they were very popular at the time, and this one looked great!  It also seemed really cheap when I signed for it and saw what he bid.  My initial enthusiasm was short lived when I went out to inspect what I had just bought. My buddy had inadvertently purchased a base model Xterra - and I mean BASE model.  It was a two-wheel-drive with the smallest 4-cylinder motor they offered and a manual transmission.  It even had roll up windows!  It was the Xterra that you bought if you couldn't afford an Xterra but got one anyway.


On the plus side, it was remarkably clean and looked great.  I didn't want it so I tasked my friend with selling it for me - punishment for his transgression.  It hung around for a while and he kept it at his house from time to time.  This is where the story gets funny.  

My buddy was going through an unfortunate and somewhat ugly divorce at the time and his soon to be ex decided that she wanted the Xterra for some reason. We figured she was just being petty, but when they worked it into the settlement the Xterra was valued much higher than what I had in it so my friend and I worked it out and he agreed to give it to her.  It was a great deal for him because it saved him some money.  We actually had to deliver it to her attorney's office and drop off the keys.  The funniest part of the whole thing was that his ex couldn't drive a stick!  

No comments:

Post a Comment