Sunday, August 7, 2011

Return of The Bass Assassin

Super quick blog tonight – my laptop battery is low and everybody had gone to bed.
I was awakened this morning to the sound of rain…..and of 5 people furiously baling water outside my open window.  There is apparently a slight drainage issue at the front porch entrance if it rains too hard.  Once I came to enough to realize what was going on, I jumped up and got dressed but they already had the situation under control.  Since it was raining, we decided to head into town to run some errands.  I ran into J-Beibs again – this time at Target.
I keep running into J-Beibs!

By the time we were done, so was the rain so we grilled some burgers for lunch and then decided to go fishing (but not before I conned Ari into giving me a massage. 

 Mr. C has a new toy – a little Boston Whaler that he likes to use as a fishing rig.  There were some issues getting it started (Nel and I were both secretly hoping it wouldn’t turn over so we could take the bigger Glastron out), but it ultimately fired so we headed out on Round Lake looking for the big one.

Mr. C at the helm of his Boston Whaler


We didn’t catch the big one, but we did catch a lot of little ones.  Nel probably pulled in 10 or so and Mr. C wasn’t far behind.  I stuck with a lure (so I wouldn’t have to deal with leeches – those things freak me out) and wasn’t having as much luck.  They may have caught more, but I caught the only REAL fish of the day – a Rock Bass.  I prefer the Bass to the Perch and Sunnies that they were catching.  They put up a fight and just sound cooler to say – “ROCK BASS” – sounds like a man’s fish!
The "Bass Assassin" Returns to Round Lake!

Grilled some steaks for dinner and then Mr. C cleaned all the keepers we caught earlier.  I told him he could count on his son-in-law for a lot of things – if he needs to drop the engine in his MINI, fix something around the house, bury a body, whatever – but not for cleaning fish.  While he was doing that, Nel and her mom were busy making me a pair of “comfy pants” out of some material I had picked out in Portland.  We’ll see how they turn out tomorrow, but I can already tell they won’t be too tight.

No comments:

Post a Comment