Thursday, October 6, 2016

1999 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 LT 4X4

1999 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 LT 4X4


I have to throw a vehicle blog in every now and then or I'll never get to them all.  Tonight my random program has selected this rather large SUV.  I had always liked this body style Suburban, but surprisingly had never bought one until I got this 3/4 ton example in 2005.  


The truck looked great and was pretty clean as well.  I think it was about the only truck I had around at the time so it got driven a lot.


It towed fairly well, but felt a little under-powered with a big load behind it.  The wheels and tires looked great on the truck but hurt the ride a little bit.


Here's the truck at Mud Creek.  It was a fine camping vehicle because it looked the part, did everything it needed to do, but was cheap enough that I didn't have to worry about it getting "dirty", or worse.  If you look closely you can see most of Hot Rod - the 3-legged wonder mutt!

Would I recommend one of these?  Well, it depends on what you want it for.  As a daily driver, probably not.  The next gen Suburban which came a year later is a much better vehicle for that.  As an extra vehicle for utility purposes though, it's hard to beat.  They cost almost nothing today and if you can find one that has been reasonably well taken care of it could be a great truck to have around.  I'm not sure I would recommend the 3/4 ton though.  It's kind of pointless for 99% of potential users.  

No comments:

Post a Comment