Friday, October 7, 2016

2001 Yamaha Waverunner SUVs

2001 Yamaha Waverunner SUVs


This will be another short entry because I really don’t have many pictures of these enormous Waverunners even though I owned them for years.  The SUV was easily the largest Jet Ski you could buy at around 13 feet in length…and I had two!  I wasn’t looking for these things but I bought them as part of a package deal along with a Ford Excursion.  They were on a single trailer nose to tail and when hooked up to the Excursion were about as long as a Semi.  My buddy Barry flew out to Lake Havasu in Arizona and drove the whole rig back.  I’m not sure I ever fully appreciated what a long drive that must have been. 


They initially got a lot of use - Houston is a great place to own personal watercraft.  It was a ridiculously long set up though so I bought a used single trailer and got them separated.  I also had the seats re-covered and did a little maintenance.  After that they basically sat around in my shop for a couple years.  I’m not sure why I stopped using them to be honest.


Ultimately I sold them just to get them out of the way.  I understand that these are popular with some users just because they’re so stable due to their sheer size - fishing and towing would make sense for example.  I liked them ok, but I think I preferred some of the two-seater versions I’ve owned a little more for simple riding.


No comments:

Post a Comment