Thursday, October 13, 2016

Toilet Possum

Toilet Possum


"Man - what did you EAT?!?"  Yes, this actually did happen years ago right in the middle of Clear Lake (Houston) in a normal neighborhood.  I woke up one morning and headed into the bathroom.  I had two Greyhounds at the time so I used to keep the toilet lids down to keep them from being water bowls.  When I groggily opened up the lid, this is what greeted me.  I'll tell you what - that will wake you up fast!

This young little possum was sitting in the bowl obviously in a bit of shock, or exhaustion.  He wasn't moving much and wouldn't really look at me.  After the initial surprise, I went and got a pair of gloves, a towel and a bucket and carefully lifted the little guy out.  He didn't try to get away or anything, he just kind of let me move him.  I dried him off a little bit and then put him in the car and headed to a nature reserve that was just a few minutes from my house.  I pulled up and let him go (right next to a sign that said "Do not release animals into Armand Bayou Nature Reserve") and he slowly walked off into the woods.  

He had to have come up through the sewer system - there was no other explanation.  I still had a hard time believing it though so I asked my brother and he confirmed that this is a real thing that happens from time to time.  I just thought I'd share so you'd have something to think about when using the bathroom.    


No comments:

Post a Comment